Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Big Fat Yikes, Emphasis on the Fat

So the whole Taking Care of My Home thing is going really well. My house is still a mess 50% of the time, but it feels like it's more manageable to clean and organize. I have a few projects that, when they're finished, will make life even better, so that's exciting.

I hope you don't mind, then, if I jump ahead to June's chosen theme: A Good Person Takes Care of Herelf. Since about November I've been noticing my weight more and more. At first it didn't bother me, I have no hang-ups about being chubby.

The last few weeks, however, I've noticed that it's started to get in the way of fun. I get winded, tired, and sweaty WAY easier than I should. Even my "chubby" clothes are starting to get a little too tight. I feel gross.

I am a huge advocate for being happy in your own skin. That being said, I think everyone has a certain weight where they are the most comfortable. I have now passed my "weight comfort zone."

I don't put a lot of stock in scales, but I thought I would weigh myself today, just for fun. I tipped the scales at 190. That is, by far, the heaviest I have ever been. When I weighed myself in October I was at 170. Those extra 20 lbs are making me miserable.

Losing weight is hard. Exercising sucks. But I am 31 years old and I should be able to chase my kids up the stairs without having to stop halfway up for a rest.

Tonight I am going to an adult ballet class. It's been 10 years and 2 pregnancies since I last danced, but I love dancing and I'm hoping that I'll enjoy it enough to keep at it. I think that's the key to exercising - find something you love or that you're good at.

On the eating better side of things, I am still coming up with a plan. TO THE LIBRARY!



Please note: Any tips on getting healthy are more than welcome!

No comments: