Thursday, May 1, 2014

May: A Good Person Takes Care of Her Home

I know what you must be thinking, "Why start with your home?" The answer is simple really - who can concentrate on making themselves a better person when sitting in a big pile of clutter? If I can get my house in order than I think it will make it easier for me to focus on other more important things.

I've never been a good housekeeper. Ever. I tried really hard when I first got married, but it didn't stick. Then I had a baby and life got even more unorganized. Then I had a second baby and moved into a house and now, three years later, there are still boxes that haven't been unpacked!

But where do I start making myself a better housekeeper?

The obvious answer for me was: the library! I checked out three books on home organization and am looking forward to reading them this month.

I'm a lister, if you haven't noticed. So my next step was to make a list of the rooms in my house that need the most TLC. The one that tops the list, and where I plan on starting, is the kitchen. So stay tuned tomorrow when I lay out my plan for cleaning my kitchen, organizing it, making my house a better place, and helping me become a better person.

My idea of superwoman is someone who scrubs her own floors. -Bette Midler-

2 comments:

Matt said...

I have this problem where I find comfort in clutter. It's means I can see things and know where they are. Cleanliness has never been my thing either.

pambelina said...

I used to be the same way, Matt, but I have to consider that no one else I live with likes that!