Monday, May 12, 2014

Can I Get a What-What?!

I am still on the quest to get my kitchen as clutter-free and easy-to-clean as possible. I have now found two things to help me in that journey! One is an awesome bread box/cutting board combo that I scored for $9. The other is a work-in-progress that I will reveal in pictures as I go about each step.

My husband and I, darling that he is, decided that the dishes are now his responsibility. I gave him the choice of doing the dishes or doing our two boys' laundry. He chose dishes. That has made the attitude at our house the last 10 days or so 100 times better! I've stopped feeling quite so overwhelmed and he doesn't get annoyed by dishes in the sink.

Seriously, delegation is awesome.

The funny thing is, my husband didn't even realize I was overwhelmed. I assumed he knew; he assumed everything was fine. It wasn't until I actually told him that we both realized things needed to change. Communication for the win!

Sorry for the excessive use of exclamation points, it's just that this project of mine to become a better person is actually working. It's slow and the progress feels infinitesimal at times, but it's been worth it.

Onward, ho!

1 comment:

Just Julie said...

Communication for the win!! (And I always believe in using exclamation points excessively. But not too excessively.)